Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cloned Meat...GOOD or BAD for me???

For my paper everyone I've changed my mind and decided to work on something a little more of interest to me...science! To address food politics I'm going to work specifically on the cloning of meat, well rather the governments decision to try to begin doing so and the health risk and health benefits to this controversial procedure or breakthrough scientific phenomenon...??? Here are some research sources I've come across while browsing information on my topic, let me know what you think:

HERE is an article from Fox News.com, their Natural Science Center, aired a story on the FDA and the public view on animal cloning. They also graphically explain the animal cloning process. Worth a quick glance. You'll be a little bit surprised!

Take a look at this article HERE to read some more in depth about the FDA's "risk assessment" on cloned meat from health at MSN.com. In detail also is talked about the labeling required to separate the "cloned meat" and "cloned free" products. Doesn't that sound WEIRD???! Would you believe the only way the experts can guarantee you the consumers DO NOT purchase and eat "cloned meat" is to go ORGANIC!...wwwhhhaaattt???

But to top it all off your going to be blown away with this video HERE from CBS News giving you a little preview of science companies and universities overseas actually already cloning meat and comparing it to the meat raised normally from livestock. Could this really be the future??? But more importantly will the American public get on board with the future to produce food by simply cloning one prize winning animal in pursuit of creating perfect herds of livestock and perfectly nutrition based poultry and dairy. Something to look forward to...?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like cloned food is the future... that doesn't sit well with me. It's alarming that there's no difference. I like how at the end of the video clip, the anchor says the cloned foods will have to be labeled just like GMOs must be labeled. The thing is, half the time GMOs are ont labeled. So we may be unknowingly eating clones in the future. Interesting topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shante-

    I apologize for not getting back to you on the midterm paper, etc. I didn't check my blog until today and I just saw your comment now. I hope you were able to find the information from someone else! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete